Re: Strange x11 problem

You need to make a symbolic link from the real mouse device to the
/dev/mouse file.

If you've got a ps/2 mouse then the real mouse device is /dev/psaux.

If you've got a serial mouse then the real mouse device is /dev/ttySx
where x is the number of the serial port, 0 for COM1 through 3 for COM4.

e.g: ps/2 mouse
(as root): ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse

e.g. mouse on COM1:
(as root): ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/mouse