Re: Questions

Nate Amsden writes:
> support is gone,...

Support is not gone.  Post your questions here and we will try to answer
them same as always.

Nate Amsden writes:
> no

Of course packages for potato will install on slink.  How do you think
upgrading works?  Just 'apt-get install package' and 'package' and its
dependencies will be installed.  If the package doesn't work file a bug.

Timothy Bedding wrote:
> Searching the list archive gives links to cgi.debian.org
> which do not work.

It's broken.  The administrators know about it.

Nate Amsden writes:
> would of been nice if they woulda extended security support.

You have everything you need to "support" it yourself or hire someone to do
it for you.

> but i guess thats what u get for using a non commercial system they
> dont have the resources to manage so much

I'm sure any number of people would be willing to sell you whatever
support you need.  Take a look at the Debian consultants list.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org