Re: Questions

Timothy Bedding wrote:

> What is the support status of slink (Debian 2.1)?

support is gone, security support will be dropped at the end of the
month.

> Will packages for potato install on slink? Will they
> work on slink?

no

> Searching the list archive gives links to cgi.debian.org
> which do not work.
> I wonder whether this is actually a problem in my
> Netscape browswer.

no

> Should I report this problem with the search mechanism
> to Debian?

no

it's too bad, i have a couple slink machines still and cannot upgradet
hem easily it will probably be another 6 months before i can swap out
the root drive and put potato on it. would of been nice if they woulda
extended security support. but i guess thats what u get for using a non
commercial system they dont have the resources to manage so much

sigh

nate

--
:::