Re: Question about upgrading to version 2.2

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 05:05:24PM +0200 or thereabouts, Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:
> I'm beginning to get the picture now - I don't have apt, a lot of packages are
> brokenly-installed, and I'm going to have to scratch 2.0 and install 2.2 onto a set of

i started with hamm and upgrade to slink then potato via apt-get.
never bothered with reinstallation and lost configs.

but then again, i don't have X installed in this p133 so in your case you may
do need a reinstall.

just to point out that you *can* upgrade without reinstalling (heck even while
IRCing).

just my 2cents.

--

Who's watching the watchmen?