Re: Mozilla eats even more memory

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 03:16:50PM -0400, Anderson, Tim    TL33E wrote:

> 	Mind you, if the memory space is always identical (surely position
> as well as size)
> 	then why is it difficult to find shared threads?   Very naïve of me
> I know, but surely
> 	you don't need to go too deep into the system to find the base
> address of a process.

I'm not sure, but I think that (at least on i386) each process has it's own
address space, and because of virtual addressing this space can have the
same address as that found in completely separate processes. Maybe someone
with more hardware knowledge could clear this up?

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware