Re: Clock is incorrect, although NTP

Frederik said:
> I've a strange problem: my clock is displaying an incorrect time since
> today (I had an X crash this morning, followed by a reboot).
> The time now on my machine is 18:43, although it's 17:31. This makes me
> believe it's not timezone-related...
> I have the package ntp installed, with 3 ntp-servers
> (ntp1.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be and so on).
> Any ideas what I should do or check to correct this situation?

Try running ntpdate or manually setting your time to something approximately
correct and then letting ntp do its thing.  If your clock is too far off, ntp
assumes that one or more of the machines involved has gone insane and doesn't
try to fix it.  (Alternately, it could be using clock slew to move you closer
to the correct time gradually to avoid upsetting any running programs by
causing the time to jump by an hour.  If this is the case, it could be a day
or two before the correction is completed.)

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+