Re: why no apm after re-install and support selected in recompiled kernel?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 12:33:19PM +0200, thus spake Andre Berger:
> Glyn Millington <glyn@mill29.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Hey I've got sound!!  But also another problem.  APM seems to
> > have disappeared.........
>
> Take a look at /etc/lilo.conf, make sure you have a line
>         append="apm=on"
>
> --Andre
YES!

Many thanks for this - tried before on what was obviously one of
my less successful kernel compiles; but here on the "installation"
kernel 2.2.17 it works - afer running /usr/sbin/lilo of course!

TVM

Glyn

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *