Re: [SLU] How a Debian/GNU is Storm?

"Helgi Örn":

> Yo Stormies, Debian's!
>
> I'm a devoted Linux user, been experimenting with almost all of the most common
> Linux distributions in several different versions. I am a great admirer of the
> Debian/GNU project and I have tried several times to configure and run
> Debian/GNU Linux 2.1 and 2.2, but without satisfying results. My default dist
> has  been SuSE for about a year now, but I always keep on running other dists
> for testing. At the moment I got Storm 2000 'Rain' installed to test it.

  Try to get the Hail release or visit www.stormix.com or
http://www.stormix.com/products/download/index_html
  This release is fantastic.

> I like it a lot so far, the installation (in text mode) was great except that I
> did not have the possibility to install Lilo on the /boot partition which I
> would have wanted. And there are a few things that are not working:
>

> * I've run pppconfig but when I run pon it says that no ppp is configured in
> the kernel, which is not true. So, I'm without Internet in Storm.

  In the Hail release you get Stormix Dialer so internet access is very
easy.

> * No sound (I've got a Linux compatible Ess1371 card which is easily configured
> in other dists)

  I have this sound card too, and it is working in Hail release,
not so fine but works.

> But I still like Storm because; it's base is Debian/GNU and it got the KDE
> desktop. But what I would like to know is:
>
> * Does Storm keep the same directory structure as Debian/GNU Linux?
>
> * Am I running Debian/GNU when running Storm or just a cheap clone?
>
> * Where are the Storm Linux users? The mail list doesn't seem to be that
> active.
>
> * Where does Storm come from?
>
> Greetings,
> Helgi Örn

   Storm linux is a based Debian 2.2 potato, easy to install and with
3 main especific programs.
   - Storm Dialer
   - SAS , Storm Administration System 2.0
   - Storm Package Manager