Re: FA310TX (tulip) and potato

I had the very same problem.  I eventually gave up and bought a 3c905C
which works beautifully.  I don't know why but I could not get the
netgear to work correctly at all.  I always had to do an

$ ifdown -a; ifup -a

to get the &*@##$ thing to work.  IMHO, that card is worth nothing more
than an expensive dog chew toy.

If you would like some constructive help... the only thing I can say is
try the latest driver from

http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

I believe they are your best resource.

:(