Re: Mangled text in X

Jimmy O'Regan wrote:
> I recently installed 2.2 on a machine, and X works fine, except the text
> is mangled. I installed task-gnome-desktop and gdm, switched to X, and
> everything was garbled, so then I installed xfs, xfonts-100dpi to see if
> that'd help. Same deal.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Does it look like this?
http://www.angelfire.com/wv/rezshome/images/mangled_netscape.jpg

If so I'll bet you have an S3Virge video card and are using the SVGA server.
If that's all correct, switch to the S3V X server.  That's what I did to
solve the font corruption problem.  Haven't had a problem since switching.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.