Re: Question about updates

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:03:10 EDT, Harry Henry Gebel writes:
>I have sources.list set to the following:
<snip>
>#deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

That´s why it´s called "security".debian.org ;-)

I use the following, and I´m getting all the proposed security-fixes
 announced via debian-security:

deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-non-US/ potato/non-US main contrib non-free

<snip>
>Will I get security updates with `apt-cache update ; apt-cache upgrade`
>using this configuration, or are the security updates kept in a different
>place. I guess my question could also be phrased: what is the criterion for
>an updated package being placed in stable, and if I want to keep up with
>security updates and bug fixes do I have to track anything else that the
>default locations?

You may want to subscribe to debian-security; there´s a link on the
website under "Mailing Lists" somewhere.

hth,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /