Re: Internet Cafe

ChrisHellberg<chellberg@ecnetwork.co.nz> writes:

> Would they then get back to the fancy graphical login screen..

Yes.

>                                                        then when
> they login again, everything is remounted I spose?

Not if not using autofs, which never works really well in my
experience. We have the Gnome Desktop installed here, where there is a
floppy icon which you double click on, then the floppy is mounted
automagically and a window with its contents shown (or you do a single
right click and choose `mount floppy' from the menu, then you don't
get the window). Of course, most users forget to umount again, even
when pointed out.

> Does GDM have PAM support so I can use LDAP authentication or if I'm
> feeling lazy and not security conscious, a mysql table of users?

It has PAM support (there is a PAM file in the Debian package), but I
don't know much about that.

Greetings,
joachim