Re: sound on pc speaker

John Anderson wrote:

> I have downloaded a patch for pc speaker support and added it into kernel
> 2.2.15 on potato.  Do I have to configure another program in order to get
> sound support?  I have tried playing audio CD's and games with no sound.
> How do I get sound, It is supposed to be just like using a sound card?

well all i can say is with audio cds, since the drive is typically
hooked to the soundcard to provide analog output you will not get any
sound at all without the drive hooked to something.  if you are reading
the cds via some DIGITAL program(i.e. reading it through the data cable)
then you can probably get sound but i havent seen a program that can
play audio cds digitally(haven't looked either tho)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336