Re: Installing individual unstable packages

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 02:45:05PM +1000, paul@netwise.net.au wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> What is the best practise for obtaining and installing the odd
> unstable package in to a stable system?

Hmm I think there was a thread on that very recently... I think the best
answer was:

Make your /etc/apt/sources.list point to stable for binary packages
and unstable for source packages.  Then you can download and compile a
source package from unstable with apt-get.

--
Tom
"While I am busy with little things, I am not required to do greater