Re: sound on pc speaker

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 09:44:39PM -0400, John Anderson wrote:
> I have downloaded a patch for pc speaker support and added it into kernel
> 2.2.15 on potato.  Do I have to configure another program in order to get
> sound support?  I have tried playing audio CD's and games with no sound.
> How do I get sound, It is supposed to be just like using a sound card?

I have no exerience with the driver, but I expect it should work like a
normal sound card...  Just don't expect any quality whatsoever.  I doubt
your cd's will sound anything like music, but I could be wrong.

Have you make the sound devices?  I think they are there by default in
debian, just in case, run, as root:

# cd /dev
# ./MAKEDEV audio
# ./MAKEDEV pcaudio

I'm not sure if you need both... The pcaudio are for the PC Speaker driver.
Again, I have no experience with this.  Read docs for PC Speaker...

Also did you insmod the module (or did you compile it directly in?).

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson