Re: Printing w/Epson SC800

This problem is a bit difficult for me to attempt
because  you are on  2.2.17, of which I have  nil
experience.  However the problem seems  somewhere
between your lpd daemon and the kernel response.

Kernel 2.2.17 seems to be an okay kernel from the
reports that  I read, however, there has been one
report on this list where the lp device just went
non-functional on a running  system which was not
even rebooted.There were no takers for that post.
That too was on 2.2.17 .. just kind of wondering,
if John has managed to smell the rat !

Meanwhile, I am sending a detailed  checklist in
personal mail. Too long to place here...

USM Bish