Download

I am an old Unix user (SunOs) and I would like to try my hand at Debian Linux.  Here I am not even able to download it - I have made thousands of downloads under many conditions, but, in this case,  all that happens to me is that my system (windows NT workstation) spends inordinate amounts of time calculating how much download time it will take and does nothing.  I have DSL with a download rate of 1.2+ mbps - but no matter what, I keep getting the time calculations and nothing else.  I make a select all and then go to "download to file," nothing happens - when I go back to each file and select and click on the item, it downloads very rapidly - this is a way to go, but it could take forever and a day and I may not get everything where it belongs.  Forgive my ignorance, but what am I doing wrong??

Ken Merrill
websaiph@atexcellence.com

PS:  I did get busy messages and I did look at as many mirrors as possible - don't think that is the problem?   Help, OK