dselect and apt-get

Hi Guys,

I've made heavy use of apt-get to install packages as needed. While this is great it does require me to know or find out the package name, or is there a better way? From time to time I drop in to dselect to be able to search and find packages, but if I try to select and install from dselect the selections are not on par to additions made via apt-get. Is there a way to sync the two, or am I just doing things the hard way?

Cheers,
-Paul.