Re: Installation help

Martin Scott Goldberg wrote:

> So I can possibly unhook the 5.25" floppy and fit the CDrom in the
> connection.

i've never heard of a 5.25" floppy hooked to an IDE controller .. :)

> I need to install it on the space on the 40gig though, so are you saying I
> should unhook the 40gig from the dma66 adaptor and plug it directly in to
> the motherboard for now until it's installed, then rehook it back in to
> the adaptor afterwords?  Will a dma66 hard drive work though the dma33
> ide controllers on the motherboard?

yes it should have no problem i've used many dma66 drives on dma33
controllers.

note you will probably have to tweak the system setup before moving the
drive back. since you already have drives on the 2 primary controllers
most likely the first drive on the off-board controller will be /dev/hde
..then /dev/hdf ..etc. /etc/fstab is the main file you will need to
adjust, i'd also reccomend adjusting /etc/lilo.conf too.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336