Re: your mail

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:53:34PM -0400, Stephen wrote:

>    Hi I am attempting to configure X. I can make the blank screen appear
>    and that is about it. Help. The information required to configure this
>    software is very specific. I don't know how to find some of the
>    information, ie video card, clockchip, RAMDAC, can you help? Stephen
>    Hupman

    Is this a dual-boot machine? Can you investigate some of this information
in windoze? Look into SuperProbe, and if all else fails, open the tower and
read the chipset off of the video card. It's important to know what hardware
you have.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX