Re: dselect questions

Cantoni, Mike <mike.cantoni@trane.com> writes:
MC> 1)  Should overwrite the source list with a new list when selecting
MC> (A)ccess?

You probably never need to re-run the (A)ccess command from dselect.
For APT, it tends to be significantly easier to manually edit
/etc/apt/sources.list anyways.

MC> 2)  When installing the additional packages, should I hold the previously
MC> installed packages so they are not updated?

That shouldn't be necessary.

MC> 3)  What procedure should I follow to add the packages?

Find the package in the dselect list.  Press '+'.  Press ENTER after
selecting all desired package.  Run (I)nstall.

Or, from the command line, run 'apt-get install <packagename>'.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell