Re: OT: no cdrom audio from sound card line out

Mark Schiltz <mark@doyou.com> writes:
MS> I think I have tried everything, maybe my sound card is not fully
MS> supported? I have a motherboard with built-in soundpro
MS> (CMI8330). The sound is working with the exception of the cd
MS> audio. I know the cd is working because I can use the phone plug
MS> on the face of the cdrom.

Two thoughts:

(1) Is there a cable inside the computer connecting the CD-ROM to the
    sound card?

(2) Run a Linux mixer program.  Is the CD audio volume non-zero?  Is
    the master volume non-zero?

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell