Re: disc partition plan for new install

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 12:14:39PM +0400, Rino Mardo wrote:

> yes you can do away without /boot. i'm just being generous here.  in fact, /
> can be 64MB only or even 50MB if my memory serves me right

even on my most bloated install / is only taking up 19MB

as for /boot there was just a mention on -devel on how seperate /boot
screws up grub.  (the ranting over there on just how much grub rocks
has convinced me to try it whenever i happen to feel like rebooting my
intel box)

> the thing one should really watch out for is /var since on a particularly busy
> box it could get really big (shows you my box is idle still :) )

quite true, but workstations generally don't have busy logs, unless
your also using it as a server which is not really the best of ideas.

if i have the space i usually give /var about 2GB, no less then that
on a server.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/