Re: gnupg help

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 09:52:58PM +0200, Vee-Eye wrote:
> > Hello people,
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> The question sounds quiet familiar to me; I think you asked that one a couple
> of days before and got some answers already, but anyway ...

Yes, I too remember this...

> 1) Why don't you generate a new key ("gpg --gen-key")?

Someone suggested this before, and I couldn't think why this would be any
better that simply adding your new address to your old key, but now I think
I know.

Since you are no longer in control of the old email address on the key,
someone could get your old email address, and either just cause confusion,
or maliciously use it against you...

--
Pat Mahoney	<pat7@gmx.net>

If puns were deli meat, this would be the wurst.