Re: Kernel questions

Aaron Brashears <aaron@myplay.com> writes:

>                             I would also think it would be cool to have
> the kernel source package ship with the 'debian official config' saved
> off in an external configuration file so that I could rebuild
> *everything* that ships in the kernel image. Any easy place to get that
> configuration? Should I file a wish-list bug for the kernel-source to
> have that config packaged with it?

Don't make a fool of yourself for not having looked sufficiently after
it (it's not part of kernel-source, but, consequentially, of
kernel-image, and it is located in the /boot directory:
/boot/config-*).

"dpkg -L kernel-image-<your.version.number>" gives you a listing of
this package's contents.

Greetings,
joachim