Re: Opinions: Woody bits in potato - whats the "best" way?

"C. Falconer" wrote:

> Gidday - I have a couple standard Potato machines at work, and one at home
> as a standard Masquerading gateway.  I've been playing with licq and
> Xvnc.  On discovering that licq was up to version 0.85 from the 0.76 I was
> using I tried
>
> apt-get install licq
>  > Package licq is at the latest version
>
> Right - makes sense...  I'll add some woody lines to /etc

is there a reason you want 0.85 at my last job we had a couple mandrake
machines and the users of those machines had a newer licq(not sure which
one) and they had a lot of problems with it it wouldnt crash but it did
a lot of weird things. i dont know if the debianized versions of the
newer licq are "fixed" or not..i use the one in potato on many systems
and am happy with it.

nate

--
:::