Re: Off Topic: SCSI Recommendations?

There are those who would have you believe that Leen Besselink wrote:
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:48:39 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Leen Besselink <leen@wirehub.nl>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Off Topic: SCSI Recommendations?
>
> <snip>
> > I haven't run into any problems with my onboard U2W 7xxx chip, so...
> >

> So have I, or haven't if you like. :)

The drivers developers have complained in the past that Adaptec is
less than helpful.  Adaptec certainly makes quality hardware but they
haven't been the best friends for Linux.
I've had good experiences with Symbios-based boards, and I've never
had a problem (except for the Diamond Fireport, but that board's in
the landfill now).  I've got a Tekram in my home PC and my work PC,
and both work great.  I have a different brand in my home server (I'm
spacing the name) and it's also been flawless.