Re: free Interrnet provider for Linux?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 02:41:05PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:

> On 15-Sep-2000 Christopher W. Aiken wrote:
> >
> > Try: http://www.worldshare.net
>
> As I understand it, they offer free access only for MS Windows, not for Linux.

Their site states that linux works, but they don't support it.  They also
mention Sega Dreamcast, and WebTV. [read below, apparently it no longer
works?]

Does anyone have WebTV?  I don't, but can you install software on it?  I
don't think so...  If you cannot, then if an ISP works with WebTV then it
works with Windows Dial Up Networking and therefore it works with anybody
who supports ppp and pap.

So, for future reference, if an ISP works with WebTV, then it works with
Linux.

Wait, I'm looking at their site now and it says something about ShareBar!!?
This is new.  At home, we have used WorldShare for some time and they did
not have an add bar...  This is very bad news...  Apparently it is time to
search yet again for a no/low -cost isp.

--
Pat Mahoney	<pat7@gmx.net>

If puns were deli meat, this would be the wurst.