Re: superformat?

On Thu Sep 14, 2000, Michael Soulier wrote:
> On 14 Sep 2000, John Hasler wrote:
> 	Yeah, I suppose. Out of curiousity, what format is used on zip
> drives running under Linux? I've never used one. Do they have their own
> format, ala CDROMS with iso9660?

ZIP drives are treated as hard drives: /dev/hd[a-d]4, if you have the
IDE version.  Most (all?) ZIP disks come preformatted for PC (vfat) or
Mac (HPFS?).  You're perfectly free, of course, to reformat the disk
as ext2.

Noel
--
Immanuel V. Yap <ivy1@cornell.edu>          | It is the fate of
Department of Plant Breeding and Biometry   | operating systems