RE: Staroffice on Debian Potato

Yup...installed 5.2 over the weekend.....so far no problems....however, the
Starwriter files saved as Word 5, Word 9X and Word 2000 was not
compatible..i.e. when I tried opening these files in Word 97, it said
something about file permissions.....in Windoze 95!!!

I hope the Sun and Gnome folks improve the Suite in terms of speed and
compatibility ...so that we can give M$ Office a run for its money.....

Cheers.

M$ > /dev/null

Patrick Cheong
Information Systems Assurance