Re: pgp vs. mutt

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 07:49:15PM +1100, Damon Muller wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> A lot of people on this list are probably using GnuPG (gpg), which is a
> GNU replacement for PGP. As long as you have a non-us line in your apt
> cources.list do an apt-get install gnupg.

so i did
# apt-get --purge remove pgp-i pgp-us
# apt-get install gnupg

mutt is now back to displaying
	[-- PGP output follows (current time: Thu Sep 14 13:08:42 2000) --]
	sh: /usr/bin/pgp: No such file or directory
	[-- End of PGP output --]
for any email from anyone who's got a signed missive. argh!

i see that /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/pgp-macros talks about
setting up the outbound portion (so far i haven't been able
to consider anything i've said quite important enough to
etch in digitally-signed stone yet) but i don't see where
the settings are to direct it to parse (or whatever) incoming
messages for verification.

which setting is it that's obvious to everyone else?

--

p.s. all this paranoia about "you can verify that i actually
posted 'rtfm' " seems a bit overblown, to me. what's the big

i probably should just leave it a lone and let mutt keep
looking for /usr/bin/pgp through eternity.