Re: pgp vs. mutt

Hi Will,

A lot of people on this list are probably using GnuPG (gpg), which is a
GNU replacement for PGP. As long as you have a non-us line in your apt
cources.list do an apt-get install gnupg.

The pgp you have installed is quite old, and certainly doesn't support
gpg and the newer pgp's. If you really want to use PGP (it has been
recently revealed there is a potentially nasty back-door in some
versions), use pgp5i, which is a newer version and supports additional
encryption algorythms.

I'm not certain that pgp5 supports the gnupg-signed messages, but gnupg
has modules which can be used which support idea and rsa, which are used
in pgp.

I use gnupg myself with mutt, and I haven't come accross many signed
messages which I couldn't check.

HTH,

damon

Quoth Will Trillich,