Re: [OT] Switching kernels without reboot

 Placing an extract of the freshmeat daily newsletter of 12 Sep 2k.
 This may be the kind of stuff you guys are looking for.  Never did
 try it out myself, so no comments ...

 If any of you guys give it a try .. do let me know. Perhaps others
 in the list would also be interested as well. Sounds interesting !

 ciao

 USM Bish

 <SNIP>-----------------------------------------------------------------

  subject: User-mode Linux 0.31-2.4.0-pre8
  added by: Jeff Dike on Sep 12th 2000, 06:52 EDT
  license: GPL
  category: Development/Kernel

  homepage: http://freshmeat.net/projects/user-modelinux/homepage/
  download: http://freshmeat.net/projects/user-modelinux/download/

  User-Mode Linux lets you run Linux inside Linux. It is a safe, secure
  way of running Linux versions and Linux processes. Run buggy software,
  experiment with new Linux kernels or distributions, and poke around in
  the internals of Linux, all without risking your main Linux setup.
  User-Mode Linux gives you a virtual machine that may have more hardware
  and software virtual resources than your actual, physical computer. You
  can assign your virtual machine only the hardware access you want it to
  have. With properly limited access, nothing you do on the virtual
  machine can change or damage your real computer or its software.