[OT] Switching kernels without reboot (was: Re: Debian vs. Red Hat)
- To: Florian Friesdorf <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [OT] Switching kernels without reboot (was: Re: Debian vs. Red Hat)
- From: Leen Besselink <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:50:07 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000914144727.635Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20000914140114.A938@mira.psychotron>
> btw: Is it possible to switch kernels without rebooting.
> I cannot believe that's possible
Actually, I think someone was working on that.
Well, first he wants to make it so you can build an other kernel in
userspace or something (this is already possible with special kernels).
I think Solaris can actually do that, update a running kernel.