How to get proposed updates?

Hi debianers,
  In the dist/proposed-updates directory there is  a README file stating

   Debian is committed to providing security updates to the stable
distribution as quickly as possible, but we also need time to thoroughly
test such updates to ensure that they meet our high standards.

Updates to stable are placed in this directory, dists/proposed-updates.
After testing, and possible bug-fixing, a new release of the stable
distribution is made which includes them.

You can access this directory with apt by adding
  deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian dists/proposed-updates/
to your /etc/apt/sources.list

Well, I done it but apt complais about a "Malformed line" in the
/etc/apt/sources.list file, precisely the one above. Looking into the
doc, I found that there should be the components to download such as
main contrib.. I tried to add something like main, but the it
complains it can find
http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/dists/proposed-updates/main/binary-i386/Packages
file... Aparently, directory proposed-updates is structured
differently from potato/main: files belonging to different
architectures are differenciated by their suffix instead to be found
into separate subdirectories. The question is: how do I do to have apt
looking into proposed-updates? Thanks a lot

--
Leo TheHobbit
IRCnet #leiene