Re: Debugging /bin/sh scripts?

   What's a good way to debug /bin/sh scripts? I thought there
   was an interpreter option which would run the code line by
   line, prompting after each line, but I looked through the
   man/info pages and found nothing, or am I blind? I already
   know about sh -x and sh -v, but these by themselves are still
   a bit rough to use. If I get a good tip here I may never have
   to write C code again ;)
   -chris

Put the line:
    set -x or call bash with the -x option to step through the script.

------
Daniel E. Wilson <chronos@teleport.com>