Last attempt, Debian 2.2 with X, on a UltraSPARC 5, with a Type 6 keyboard

Hi,

If I can't get this resolved soon I'm going to be forced to hose Debian and

I've installed Debian on my Ultra 5. Not a problem in the world. Installed
X. Started X. The keyboard mapping is all messed up (mainly the bottom
line).

I've tried playing with xkeycaps. It only knows about Sun Type 5 keyboards,
not Type 6 keyboards, which is what I have.

I've heard on the grapevine, with very little detail, that there isn't a
problem with Type 6 keyboards under Redhat, so what's the problem with
Debian?

(I installed Debian because I wanted nice looking X, I've got that but now
it's unusable. I can't win. At least I get usable ugly X under Solaris).

Andrew

Andrew Pollock                  Systems Integrator
andrew@asiaonline.net           http://www.asiaonline.net/
Phone: +61 2 6267 5610
Fax:   +61 2 6200 2700

Asia Online