Re: Potato install fails to load ROOT image

Julio Merino wrote:

> Maybe all your floppies have phisical errors... hey, that could
> happen, it happened to me. Try to buy new floppy disks.
>
> If this don't work, try to clean the floppy drive; get it out of the
> laptop and clean it internally (BE CAREFUL). If this doesn't solve the
> problem, I could say yo to buy a new one...
>
> Do any other disks work fine?

Well, the rescue disk works fine, and the 3 floppies I tried were all
from different sources.

Actually the first rescue disk I tried failed the second time I tried to
use it (and every time after that), but the second rescue disk seems to
repeatably succeed.

It seems unlikely that the 3 completely separate floppies would fail in
the same place without it being a symptom of something bigger...

Stuart.