pump replacing dhcpcd?

When I go to the debian web site and look up info on the pump package, one of the things that the page tells me is:

"This is the DHCP/BOOTP client written by RedHat. This replaces the dhcpcd package."

I take this to mean that the dhcpcd client is no longer be worked on?  The reason I ask is that I use to use dhcpcd and like it very much.  I am currently using pump, but for some reason, pump seems to keep removing my localhost address from my /etc/resolve.conf file.  No big deal, but I would like it o quit removing it.  I might just revert to the dhcpcd package, any thoughts?
But I don't want to hold on to a package that may be growing quickly out of date.

Thanks,
Bryan