Re: laptop

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 07:55:55PM -0700 or thereabouts, Nate Amsden wrote:
> Michael Soulier wrote:
> > screens listed, but none of them seem to work. I guess I can check the IBM
> > homepage and try to find the specs there...
>
> i installed debian on several dell latitude notebooks, seemed the
> monitor setting didn't do anything, it could of be set to anything and
> it still worked. the chipset was neomagic. i figured that the driver
> automatically handled the screen. what kind of chip in the ibm ?

debian is the most laptop-friendly distro i've encountered.  for your lcd
screen just select the resolution that fits your display. in my toshiba lapdog
i only select the 1024x768 lcd res.

> >         Anything interesting that I could know about PCMCIA devices? I've
> > never dealt with them before.

the stock debian install recognizes pcmcia and works with 'em. actually u
should never be aware nor make any differentiation between pccard and isa/pci
based nics. if you selected or setup your network during install then your all
setup.  if not goto /etc/network and edit the file "interfaces" to reflect your
network setup.

--

Who's watching the watchmen?

ICQ: 15096825