Re: Debian VS. Red Hat

> > Which also goes back to Wayne's comment on RH being better because it's
> > more popular.=20
>
> Well, the reason I got RedHat initially was because that was the
> only version of Linux at the local Fry's (or was it CompUSA?) store.
> Today's newbies can choose between alot more distributions, and I'm not
> sure I would have installed RedHat if I had started today.
>
> Also, preinstall has a lot to say, too. That said, berating people=20
> because of their choice of Linux distribution is just beyond stupid
> in my book.

I'm not berating people because of the Distro they Choose.
Peolpe will choose what they like.  What I'm trying to find is a way to
convince the place where I work, to let me use Debian.  These people are
computer illiterate, They are like sheep.  All they see in advertising is
Red Hat, so they assume that it is the best.  I don't want the Latest and
greatest packages if I have to sacrifice stability.  Debian is the most
stable system I know, so that is what I want to use.  My original question, is
how do I convince them of what I already know?

Wayne