Re: Socks and apt/dselect

> I have dante installed, my system is sockafied, but i can't apt-get
> doesn't seem to care for socks.  In reading debbugs, it would appear that
> jason isn't too interested in fixing support for that.  Which is a pain,
> as socks is very usefull, and is in very wide use.

I do not know what your network setup is. However I am behind a firewall and
the following is able to path it:

[03:11:20 /tmp]$ grep -A23 Acquire /etc/apt/apt.conf
Acquire
{
  // HTTP method configuration
  http
  {
    Proxy "http://Proxy.israsrv.net.il:8080";;

    Timeout "120";
  };

  // FTP method configuration
  ftp
  {
    Proxy "ftp://Proxy.israsrv.net.il:8080";;

    Timeout  "120";

    /* Passive mode control, proxy, non-proxy and per-host. Pasv mode
       is prefered if possible */
    Passive "true";
    Proxy::Passive "true";
  };