Re: Debian vs. Red Hat

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 David.Middleton@eracom.com.au wrote:

> That argument is total horse sh#$@%

You ought to know, being as you are apparently an expert on horse manure,
judging from what comes out of your mouth (or fingers, as the case may be)

> Would you like to edit a text file without an editor???

Is cat an editor?

[root@locutus /root]# cat >testfile
 now is the time for all great men to test their files ^C
[root@locutus /root]# more testfile
now is the time for all great men to test their files
[root@locutus /root]#

> Either way you need tools to do the work, this idea that you can't assemble
> a binary file to be easy to human correct in the event of partial
> corruption is crap.  It just needs good design.

I doubt it, but show me the code anyway.