Re: best way to install debian in VMware VM (found it :)

>     Mark> Then i mounted the /dev/sda4 as /zip manually ...
>
> I can't say I understand what you did, but I'll keep your message as
> reference -- I might want to try that someday.  Thanks.

vmware allows for you to directly mount an existing partition, which I did.
Under SCSI in configuration editor, Add a SCSI Disk of type Existing
partition. This partition had already had the files from the ftp site on it
already in the structure used on the site preserved. .

It showed up as a SCSI device on my virtual SCSI controller when i booted
vmware.

during the install after the file system and before the kernel install: I did
an alt-F2 which brought me to another virtual terminal

from there I did a:
   #mkdir /zip
   #mount -w /dev/sda4 /zip
Which mounted my zip drive that was routed through vmware (/dev/sda4) onto my
filesystem as /zip

then choosing mounted filesytem in the installer detected the files and all
went well.

Enjoy!

Mark

--