Re: Editing and storing encrypted files

Wouter Hanegraaff schrieb:
> Is something like this available?

Yes vi. ;)

Type what you want, then enter this in command mode:

:%! gpg -ea

The whole buffer is piped through gpg and encryptet to self
(assuming you encrypt to self per default) and does ascii
armoring (you don't need to do this). Now you can save that
buffer without having written anything to disk.

You should probably check first wether your vi clone writes swap
files. One way to to solve the swap file problem for vim would
be to disable them if editing a file with a extension like
.gpg, and when we are at it we could make the above gpg command
part of the saving hook.

Then you would just start vi like this: vi password.gpg, write
something and save it, and vi calls gpg to encrypt stuff before
he saves it.

Hmm, need to do this now ...

ciao, 2ri
--
Note that there are two possible orientations of the log. If the end with the
larger diameter is facing downstream, the log is said to be big-endian;