small problems

Hi,
These are a few easy problems that have got me confused.  There are one or
two I can't remember the specifics of, but the really simple ones are as
follows.  1. Touchpad!  In windows it defaulted to no "tap-clicking"... you
know, where tapping the pad is taken as a mouse click.  Well now it's on, and
it's really driving me crazy because everytime I press a little too hard I
end up bringing something up.  So if anyone can help me get rid of this
feature (besides 'get a real mouse'... I have one, but I use this laptop on
the road and such and can't usually get room for an external mouse) I'd be
very thankful.  2. CDROM.  Once I load up my GUI, if I hit the eject button
it pops right out, but at the command line it doesn't.  Now I'm probably
ignorant to some basic truth of Linux here, but since I prefer to work at the
command line when possible, is there anything I can load or configure so that
I can open my CD Drive there?  3.  I just need some general info on plug and
play.  Someone who had this page on a Compaq laptop which was *almost* the
one I had was saying something about newer kernels supporting it, and that it
makes it a lot easier for getting my card in particular running.
I have a fourth problem, but I have to copy down the error.  It's nothing
much though, and I'll post it when I straighten that out.  Thanks for any
help, bye!

-Chris