Re: Kernel compile error

Quoting Blair Haukedal (blhauk@cadvision.com):
>   I cannot compile the Debian 2.2.17 kernel. I get the following:
>
> peewee:kernel-source-2.2.17:(root)73$ make config
> rm -f include/asm
> ( cd
> include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
> /bin/sh: cd: include: No such file or
> directory
> mkdir: cannot create directory `include/linux/modules': No such
> file or directory
> make: *** [symlinks] Error 255
>
>   What am I missing - please help.

You appear to be missing much of the kernel source. If you
    cd .../kernel-source-2.2.17
as you did above, and then
    ls include
you should see
    asm        asm-generic  asm-mips  asm-sparc    math-emu  video
    asm-alpha  asm-i386     asm-ppc   asm-sparc64  net
    asm-arm    asm-m68k     asm-s390  linux        scsi
though it doesn't matter if there's no "asm" as the first entry
(that's what ln -sf creates).

Cheers,