DHCP client setup for @Home

Just got signed to the Rogers@Home network today. I got my setup working
under Windows NT but am still struggling to get an IP address through
DHCP with Linux (potato).

My ethernet card is properly recognized it seems (Tulip driver). I have
been trying to use pump as follows:

 pump -i eth0 -h CRXXXXX-Z

where CRXXXXX-Z is the client id assigned to me by Rogers@Home. This
always fails (message is just that: operation failed). I tried using the
/etc/network/interfaces file and that produces the same result.

Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong or what I am missing ?

Do I need to change my machine's hostname in /etc/hostname ?

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com

http://www.pathcom.com/~ssahmed
GnuPG Key fingerprint = A6DB 6C85 DE5A 33BB E873  E437 58B2 09CD 977B 900B