Re: [SLU] Re: Netscape Bookmarks

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, I. Tura wrote:
> At 05.00 5/9/00 -0700, Shel Johnson ha escrit:
> >Ok, here's a dumb one.. How do you find a file directory that starts with
> >a dot?.. Are they hidden?.. I know the location is: /home/shel/.netscape ,
> >but when I look for it, all I see is: /home/shel .. Does that make any
> >sense??...
>

> ls -a
>
> ls (or other command) --help|more
>

> to learn more about commands.

At the command prompt type "ls -a" without the quotes, in the directory
you are trying to look at.  Or I could type "ls -a /home/kent" for
example, to see the "." files in my home directory.

To learn more about linux commands do a search online for linux and you
will come up with a million places.  Your commands are in /bin and
/sbin directories.  Run "man ls" or example to find out more about "ls"

Take a look at --http://www.debian.org/~hp/tutorial/debian-tutorial.html/index.html

hth,
kent