Re: Where's the HTML template for XEmacs?

This looks like the standard template from html-helper mode.  The
template is defined in html-helper-mode.el in a variable called
html-helper-new-buffer-template which (at least in the version I use)
is defined as

(defvar html-helper-new-buffer-template
  '(html-helper-htmldtd-version
    "<html> <head>\n"
    "<body>\n"
    "<h1>" p "</h1>\n\n"
    "\n\n<hr>\n"
    "<address>" html-helper-address-string "</address>\n"
    html-helper-timestamp-start
    html-helper-timestamp-end
    "\n</body> </html>\n")
  "*Template for new buffers.
Inserted by `html-helper-insert-new-buffer-strings' if
`html-helper-build-new-buffer' is set to t")

You can override this in your .emacs.el to set up the template in
whatever way you want.  You can also turn off the skeleton completely
with

(setq html-helper-build-new-buffer f)

I hesitate to point you to non-free documentation in this forum, but
there's a good description of html-helper mode in the O'Reilly
_Learning GNU Emacs_ book by Cameron, Rosenblatt, and Raymond -- a
substantially better description than I have found elsewhere.  And
then there's the source code, which you have courtesy of the GPL! :-)

Dan